Tuesday, September 22, 2015

CLASS MEETING

At each grade level, we start our day with a Class Meeting. During our class meeting we pass around a stuffed animal and give each other compliments, ask for a compliment, or pass along the stuffed animal. This activity builds the students' social processes by guiding them toward productive interpersonal techniques, self-awareness, and a positive self-esteem. As children give or get compliments we work on looking at the person who is talking and acknowledging the compliment by saying "thank you".

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to build our child's self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth. This will help our children face the challenges in this world. I think we will try this activity at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love class meeting as much as I LLOOVEE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love class meeting because of Talent Time because I get to bring in my guitar!
    December,4
    8:00 A.M. love, Norah!

    ReplyDelete